Goodwill Industries of Western New York, Inc. - Workforce Readiness Training
Goodwill Industries Human Services Division offers high-quality programs that help people develop occupational skills and find jobs.
We assist people in need to achieve meaningful employment and personal independence.
Goodwill is committed to helping people make the transition from unemployment or underemployment to competitive employment. The Workforce Readiness program is designed to address the individual’s needs in the areas of Career Development, Job Search preparation and Employment Retention skills.
The goals of the program are:
- To enable participants to develop meaningful and usable job search skills.
- To enable participants to become employed to their fullest capacity.
- To enable participants to become self-sufficient.
Eligibility for the program is based on the following criteria:
- Successful completion of a vocational training program; and
- Stabilized medical and/or disability status.
Phase 1 Services
- Intake and Orientation
- Services overview
- Evaluation of needs
- Discussion of shared responsibilities
- Development of employment plan
- Career- & Self-Awareness
- Assess skills, abilities, interests
- Explore possible career choices
- Develop positive attitudes
- Improve interpersonal skills
- Improve decision-making skills
- Develop interviewing skills
- Assess budget and income needs
- Review pros and cons of working
Phase 2 Services
- Job Search Preparation
- Develop personal and career goals
- Explore the positive value of criti-cism
- Identify barriers to employment
- Develop job search procedures
- Personal hygiene and dress codes
- Explore the language of want ads
- Conduct a self-directed job search
- Practice interviewing and telephone skills
- Identify job search resources
- Personal role in decision-making process
- Life Skills Training
- Stress Management
- Time Management
- Personal Financial Management
Lives Project Manager